Tuesday, September 30, 2014

An Executive Interview with Kendrick Lamar.

(Fictional) Interviewing for SOURCE Magazine, on Kendrick Lamar Duckworth, born in Compton, California on June 17, 1987. Kendrick is an American songwriter and rapper. He became a  professional rapper at the age of 16. He became world famous in 2011, with over 250,000 albums sold within the first week of the release.

Interviewer: Kendrick, my man how's it going?

Kendrick: It's all good b.

Interviewer: Now since you're the most talked-about figure in the game right now, how would you relate your success with your background?

Kendrick: Well, first off my life has always been about music. I professionally started writing it, producing it and reflecting upon it when I turned sixteen years of age. Music to me has always been more than just something to listen to. Sound in general is very important in life. Cuz without it there ain't no communication, just leading to plain chaos. Music uses sound as its mean and elevates it, taking it to a whole another level. It's a crucial part of everyday life, as people spend billions upon billions altogether upon the production of music, listening to music and buying it. Tho, I feel that the mainstream social media buzz has truly disintegrated the main reason it exists. I just like to keep it real, no bs, real talk here at it's finest.

Interviewer: Tell me about your control verse and why it needed to be heard.

Kendrick: I really felt that music had fallen into a downwards spiral over the past decade or two and I personally wanted to let the unaware audience know the truth. I decided to spit the lines, " If Phil Jackson came back, still no coachin' me. I'm uncoachable, I'm unsociable. F*ck y'all clubs, f*ck y'all pictures. Your Instagram can gobble these nuts” for a reason. I wanna tell you that most rap today is all about non-important sh*t in life like status. The type of sh*t that ain’t got nothing to do with community.

Interviewer: I feel you man, what were your other major inspirations while writing the verse?

Kendrick: My dad, man. Cuz growing up my dad, well he the type of n*gga that get into fights round the block all day. When I was about four he decided to move to Chicago to start a better life for his family. During this process, music for him, was kinda like a mental getaway from all the violence and the guns. The sorta sentimental value he had for music eventually got to me. I started listening to 2pac, NAS, Jay-Z and Eminem. Now these are rappers. They don't got to be fake to get fame. They spit out a  part of their life, whenever they on the mic. That's just some of my inspiration.

Interviewer: That's deep. To finish off, what are your main words to live by?

Kendrick: Stay true to your self. And if all else fails take I-Cube's advice, "Check Yoself Before You Wreck Yoself." Thank you for this interview.

Interviewer: It's been an honor. Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment